Video is quickly making a name for itself as a rising star in the world of content marketing. We’ve already covered some tips about how you can get started with video storytelling in the past. Now we’re seeing just how powerful this communication tool can be in connecting you to your customers.
Need proof? Take a look at some of these trends and figures to see why video is quickly becoming an integral part of marketing strategies for businesses worldwide.
- 4 times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it, according to Animoto.
- 4 out of 5 customers say watching a video is helpful in making their decision.
- According to Forrester, including videos in emails can lead to a 200-300 percent increase in click-through rate.
- Video content loves to be shared. That’s why 92 percent of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo.
- YouTube alone has over a billion users and accounts for two-thirds of premium online video watched across devices.
- By 2019, video will represent over 80 percent of all Internet traffic says a new study from Cisco.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49 percent faster than non-video users says Aberdeen.
- Hubspot tells us 52 percent of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
But not all videos are created equal. And to help marketers get a leg up on their film-making skills, Vidyard released a massive report full of finger-on-the-pulse statistics to give us insight into how we are and can be using video to promote our business. It gives readers both a broad look at the trajectory of video for business as well as the details on how businesses today are leveraging video as part of their marketing strategy.
For instance, we learn that 85 percent of businesses now have internal staff and resources producing videos in-house. And 86 percent of views of business-related videos take place on desktop browsers, with only 14 percent on mobile devices. And if you’re wondering what the best time is to upload your new video, the report lets us know the most popular viewing time just happens to be Wednesday between 7 and 11AM.
Overall, we're seeing businesses trend away from simply asking if it’s worthwhile to invest in video content. Instead they're focusing on questions that get to how they can best leverage this resource in the most strategic and optimised way they can. Just looking at the numbers, it’s easy to see why.